Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas.....

Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year.....isn't it for everyone?  I grew up with strong holiday traditions....and when I started my own family we added some of our own traditions.  And now one of our Christmas traditions is to enjoy someone elses tradition......Christmas eve with Melinda and Brad.

Melinda grew up in a New York Italian family and every Christmas eve her Mom made Lobster di Frivolo.....lobster, clams, mussels and shrimp in a light tomato sauce over pasta.....it is fabulous!

This year she served this spectacular dish to 30 of her favorite friends and her loving family.....we were very blessed to be part of this group.  The evening starts with her antipasti....romaine lettuce with fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, salami, ham, roasted red peppers, black olives and pickled vegetables.....drizzled with olive oil and fresh parmesan.  I have to make myself stop so there's room for the main course!

Needless to say, it was an evening that warmed the heart and lifted your spirit.  If you weren't in the Christmas mood when you got there, you were when you left......here are some photos from our evening:





It was truly a very, merry Christmas....spent with great friends and enjoying great food!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

1 comment:

Jessica and Adam Herndon said...

Love the pictures from xmas eve! Will you send me the one of OSL sitting at the dinner table:) I'd like to include it in my post updates.