Friday, December 4, 2009

Thankful......

As you already know, this year we spent Thanksgiving with Melinda and her wonderful family! Since Shelby wouldn't be home this year, we thought it might seem less like someone was missing.....besides, we love spending time at Melinda's. She is quite the hostess and she's a wonderful cook!

Since we each have "faves" that we only eat at Thanksgiving, we split some things and made duplicates of others. How many different types of dressing did you have? Well, we had three! Melinda made these fabulous stuffing cups in a muffin pan that had apples in them!! Then she made a savory stuffing with sausage. I made an herb dressing. We also had two different gravies and two different types of mashed potatoes! Brad's mashed potatoes are deliciously creamy
and I made roasted garlic mashed potatoes (recipe to follow on my cooking blog)Melinda made the turkey and I made a ham. Besides the food, another reason we love having family meals at her home is that she sets the most beautiful tables, which add so much to the holiday feeling in the air!She's been collecting pieces for years......and she even has dishes for every occasion! Brad sliced the turkey...
..the ham was already sliced....the table was set...
...everyone had arrived....(that's Evan!)...we even had our favorite wine chilled and on the table! All that was left to do was eat. It was one of the best Thanksgiving dinners I've ever had.....mostly because it was spent with people that I love and am thankful are part of my life. I hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving that was as filled with love and gratefulness as ours was!

1 comment:

Melin said...

Wow great pics and look back of the day, it was a great day and I loved spending it with you and yours!!!