Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I don't know him...and he doesn't know me, but I did finally comment on one of his posts and he was nice enough to respond! According to his blog, Andrew always wanted to be a "rock star".....in my opinion, he succeeded! He's definitely a rock star and I just love his "concerts"! They add a bright spot to my day, which sometimes really needs it.
Check out Andrew at his blog! I haven't asked, but I have a feeling he wouldn't mind having a few more in his audience....he's great!
Friday, March 27, 2009
So my new "haunt" is about.com, where you can find out absolutely anything you want to know "about" anything you want to know! I think I'll also stop by Barnes and Noble to see what they have.....might help to have some kind of tape to listen to while I'm driving!
Again, I'll keep you "posted".......
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Oh dear....is it possible that those things are harder to say than "the penguin visits the Antartic" or "the extra-terrestrials do an autopsy"? Hmmm.....this might just be harder than I thought! I'll keep you posted!
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
The picture above looks like it's straight out of "Until September".....I so want to walk through that door!
And I soooo want to cook in this kitchen!!
And I soooo want to soak in this tub after a long day visiting the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.Anyway, after spending most of the weekend googleing "vacation apartments in Paris", or variations thereof, I finally found one that was on Craiglist. I did a further search and there are TONS of them at that site! If it hadn't been 1 AM I would have kept searching....but I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I'll have to check them out later.....I'll keep you posted!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
- You must use the property you purchased as your primary residence for three years.
- The tax credit is a dollar for dollar reduction in the amount of taxes you owe....if you owe less than $8000, the IRS will actually cut you a check in the amount over and above what you owe!
- If you have already bought a home and you have already filed your taxes taking advantage of the previous tax credit guidelines, you can file an amended 2008 tax return with a 1040X form. You should consult with a tax advisor to ensure you file this return properly.
- If you buy a home in 2009, you can decide whether to take advantage of the tax credit on your 2008 return or your 2009 return. I recommend consulting a tax advisor to determine which way is best.
- If you decide to take the credit on your 2009 return, keep in mind that you can always reduce your tax withholding by the amount of the credit, hence taking advantage of a great take home pay. If you decide to go this route, you may want to consider using that increase in income to save up for the downpayment! Great, great idea!
- If you purchased your home between April 9, 2008 and January 1, 2009 you may qualify for a different tax credit.
I know that there are alot of potential home buyers that are just afraid that the market hasn't hit bottom. Well, let me offer you some advice......first of all, it's not possible to predict where the bottom is. Secondly, you won't know we've hit "bottom" until the market is going back up and then it's too late......you'll join the millions of others scrambling to buy a home, rates will go up (it's that "supply and demand" thing)....and you may find yourself in the same situation we were in just a few years ago: bidding wars on homes!
I know there are some great buys out there right now. Mortgage lenders and servicers with foreclosure properties in their portfolios are doing everything they can to make repairs to these homes and get them in the condition required for prime financing. At the very least, you owe it to yourself to get out there and check out the mortgage financing guidelines and rates and to see what is available in the price range your price range. If you could stop paying your landlord's mortgage payment AND make money off the deal, why not!?
Finally.....we are all in this economic mess together. The only way to get out of it is if we do exactly what we're afraid to do....spend...buy....invest in our future and our country's future. And we can be thankful that this great nation is doing all it can to make it more affordable and rewarding for us to do so.
Oh wait.....I forgot.....if any of you decide to "take the leap", I am always here to help! I have over 35 years of mortgage banking experience and I can lend in ALL 50 states!!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
The quilt below is made of pieces of fabric that have been hand stamped....it's so much more beautiful than it appears here!
I fell in love with the pattern below....it's called "French Braid"...I figure that all of my years of french braiding Shelby's hair when she was little should come in handy if I ever decided to make a quilt.....no?
I have to admit that I have never even though of adding "go to a quilt show" to my bucket list, but I am so glad that I went. Thanks, Melin, for thinking of me for this adventure....I just loved it!
After the show, the guys picked us up and we went to Chili's for lunch and el Presidente margaritas! It was delicious!
And a good time was had by ALL! What a great day to spend when it's pouring down raining outside....get out in it!
Monday, March 2, 2009
I'm still not giving up on getting a good snow around here......some of the best we've had came later in March. Of course, you know I'll keep you posted!
Sunday, March 1, 2009
I'll keep you posted.........