Sunday, April 26, 2009

Full Circle

I intentionally stayed up until midnight so I could celebrate my "new year"....it's official....Countrywide Home Loans is now a name of the past....we are now Bank of America Home Loans!!!

One of the first things I did was check out our old website, countrywide.com....my favorite colors.....red, white and blue! A strange, but welcome sight! Then I "googled" Bank of America Home Loans and found this great press release, which was appropriately released at midnight!

So, let me tell you how I really feel........it's almost 37 years to the day that I started in the mortgage business with VNB (Virginia National Bank) Mortgage Corp. as a receptionist....that started my career in mortgage banking. Now, after all these years, I've come full circle (VNB became Sovran, then NationsBank, then Bank of America, I think). I just couldn't be happier!!!

I've always prided myself in helping people make sound financial decisions and being a responsible loan officer. This is the foundation of Bank of America Home Loans and it is the foundation of how I have always done business....a perfect match! Somehow it just seems right that I should end up where I began (not that I'm going anywhere soon!).

Bank of America has always been a name that people could trust......I'm home now...I'm home! My door is always open!

No comments: