Sunday, March 22, 2009

I Need A Place to Stay!!!!

Exciting New!!!! We're going to Paris!!!! I know, I can't believe it myself! But on December 27, 2009 I will mark off my #1 thing on my bucket list.....go to Europe!


We always TRY to go somewhere between Christmas and New Years because it's the one time of the year that we can pretty much count on the real estate business being slow. The first year we went to New York City....what a blast we had! The next year we did a road trip to West Virginia....we went to Snowshoe and then drove all through the mountains finding odd things to do (in WV....no way!) and neat places to stay (in WV....no way!)!

Soooo, when Melinda suggested going to Paris this year, we jumped....with both feet! Then I called Shelby and now she and Justin are going, too!!! It doesn't get better than that!
So, the whole "crew" (at this point) consists of Melinda and Brad, Jessica and Adam, Anna and Will, me and Dennis and Shelby and Justing.....TEN people! How cool is that? Anyone else want to join us? Speak now or forever hold your peace!

I'm not a big fan of hotel rooms, so when we travel I always try to find alternative solutions to accomodations. Besides, we're going to Paris.......I want to "accomodate" myself the way the Parisians do! Soooooooo....I've spent a good portion of my weekend trying to find apartments in Paris that will accomodate TEN people. Ha Ha Ha Ha.......apartments in Paris in tall AND small.....and there are few that have 5 bedrooms! But compared to all of us getting hotel rooms, I think it's the way to go! Besides having a kitchen to cook (OHMIGOD) with some of the finest ingredients in the world, we would have a washer and dryer (hence having to take less clothes!) and we could all be together!

I'm probably not the BEST person to be searching for this abode.....while most only care that there is a pillow for their heads, I'm looking for the real Paris experience. One of my most FAVE movies is "Until September", which takes place in Paris. I think the setting was one of the things I loved the most.

So here are a few pics of what I've found.....and how I feel about them:

The picture above looks like it's straight out of "Until September".....I so want to walk through that door!

And I soooo want to cook in this kitchen!!

And I soooo want to soak in this tub after a long day visiting the Avenue des Champs-Élysées.

Anyway, after spending most of the weekend googleing "vacation apartments in Paris", or variations thereof, I finally found one that was on Craiglist. I did a further search and there are TONS of them at that site! If it hadn't been 1 AM I would have kept searching....but I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I'll have to check them out later.....I'll keep you posted!

No comments: