Thursday, November 27, 2008

Check Your Butt and Turn the Page!!!

Those are two of the tips Shelby has gotten from our numerous phone calls today! I have to tell you that it hasn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be.....talking her through her cooking has helped tremendously.....it's kept me smiling, which I especially needed today.

Sooo....I happened to be prepping MY turkey when I remembered to tell her to check the other end of the turkey.....some turkey people put stuff in both ends. Thank goodness I remembered that....cuz hers had stuff in it!

Then we were talking through her stuffing and I was reeling off what I put in mine and she said, "Mom, your recipe called for two eggs, but the directions never said to put them in, so I didn't!"........she didn't turn the page! Once again, we caught it in time!

So both of our turkeys are in the oven and it's time for us both to sit back and "take a load off"! I have the cell phone on the charger though....and I'm smiling. I love you, Shelby.......I miss you, but I'm so happy you are having a great time cooking your first Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: